Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Happy Memorial Day

Hello,

I know it is a bit late, but I just wanted to write a little post for Memorial Day.  I am honored to be an American and I am so thankful for all that our soldiers do for us in protecting our freedom and carry out our country's mission to promote freedom around the world.  I know that anytime I see a soldier, I always try to thank them and if I can buy them their meal or a drink.  They deserve all the respect in the world and then some.  They are patriots and we, as Americans, can not let them down and must help to support them at home.  I know that my dad worries that people will forget these men and women when they return, or when it is no longer news but we can not.  We need to help them recover and return home and help them continue on long after their service is over.  I am grateful that many people I meet today feel the same way.

Personally, I plan to begin volunteering at the Veteran's hospital in NYC when I am cleared and allowed too (and back in NYC in September).  After living in the Middle East, my respect of our Constitution has increased dramatically and I am so thankful for all that this country and my family has afforded me.  These men and women fight to protect our way of life and I wish there was more that I could do.

Memorial Day is also recognized as the unofficial start of Summer and part of today I spent with my mom picking out flowers for our front yard because it is Summer time and the yard needs some color (other than green - which I dearly love! After being in countries, where you are surrounded by dirt or sand, you really do miss all the greenery!).




The last one is a bouquet form L as a belated Mother's Day gift to my mom.  It is also slightly patriotic so I thought I would include it!

Not to make a mockery of this post but I hope you took advantage of some of the great sales that were happening during this holiday weekend!  I know that I did! And I plan to still purchase some more things by the end of this week in preparation for work next week! YIKES!!

I hope that everyone enjoyed their holiday weekend!
Thanks for reading!

With joy,

A

No comments:

Post a Comment