Monday, June 10, 2013

First Lunch Recipe

Hello,

While I have been living with a kitchen for the past two years, I usually had a meal plan so cooking for myself wasn't really in the playing cards.  This summer, I am living in Dallas, away from my parents, without a meal plan, and a full kitchen.  I am also living on a budget -- or trying to prove to my parents that I can live on a budget!  Clothing wise, I hopefully have done a good job of changing from being a clothing snob (i.e. only able to shop at Nordstrom or Bloomingdales) to shopping at Old Navy, Forever 21, and Kohls (just to name a few)... loving all these places!  Thankfully, I have had the help of S to help me change my ways, as well as the inspiration of a few blogs!  

I am just one of those people that can just eat and eat and eat, granted I shouldn't and I have to work out a ton but I enjoy food.  So I have decided to document the different ways I found to somewhat stay healthy without spending a fortune (hopefully!). 

My first recipe is tuna salad.  I think it makes 2 meals for one person.  Before I continue, I just want to say, I hate mayo.  I don't know why, it is just something I have never liked!  So to make tuna salad, I looked up some different no mayo recipes and created my own.







So I added tuna from a can - tuna in water.  I drain the water and then pull apart the pieces.  I then cut up one green onion and two celery stalks and this time I added one roma tomato.  Then I mix it all together with 1/2 of a lemon juice and about a tablespoon and half of extra virgin olive oil.  Honestly, I do it all to taste and texture and then add some salt and pepper.  When I was living in Jordan, I did a variation of this with rice cakes.  Here, I ate it with whole wheat flat bread.

This was so delicious!  You should definitely try it and it is actually quite healthy and filling!  I just made another batch for lunch tomorrow at work.

Thanks for reading and hope you enjoy this recipe!

With joy,

A


No comments:

Post a Comment