Friday, June 21, 2013

Second Weekend in Dallas

Hello,

My weekend was good - though very busy and just flew by!  I was planning to go to the zoo on Friday, but then I had to work the morning, which I did not mind and by the time I finished, it was almost noon!  Afterwards I stopped to get my nails done -- new gel mani (though they called it shellac?)! Then I ordered from Campisi's Egyptian Lounge that delicious Grilled Chicken Parm Sandwich (that I mentioned in an earlier post) and picked up groceries.  By the time I was done, it was already the middle of the afternoon.  So instead, I worked on todo list items.

The next day I planned to chill by the pool and read, but it turned out to be a stormy morning and somewhat cloudy/muggy the rest of the day and the forecast predicted more storms, so I decided that it probably would not be the best idea to go to the pool or the zoo, but instead I would do some shopping.  So I decided to check out North Park Center and the area around it!

Eventually, I left the apartment, and I hopped on the DART heading away from downtown and two stops later, I was outside the Bed Bath & Beyond, right next to that shopping center with Old Navy and the Whole Foods.  I stopped in Old Navy hoping to find this bathing suit I wanted, wasn't there but I was able to find a cute pair of running leggings on clearance - score!! These in fact:

There is a sale or they are on clearance but I got them for less than they are going online but here is the link.

Afterwards, I walked around a little bit before I crossed the highway and walked into the North Park Mall.
I did not bring my nice camera with me but I used my iphone and took some shots.  I must say, I was really impressed with some of the art and sculptures I saw.  This one above, I saw as I entered.  I enjoyed the color, though this photo does not do it justice.  Interesting concepts but to be honest I am not very knowledgable about art especially anything modernish.  But I can appreciate!
I really liked this sculpture!  I thought it was very interesting.  

But I must say, my favorites were all the different garden type art pieces, if you want to call them that, throughout the mall.  I thought they were pretty and I just love green!! Felt like a little bit of outdoors was brought indoors!
While I was there, I of course had to do some shopping and got two great dresses for work!  I already wore one of them and I can't wait to wear the other next week!  I also got a lace romper which I never thought I would do, but it is so comfortable and great for lounging around in!  Here are the pics from Forever 21's website with there respective links, then a pic of me in the lace romper... though I am no model (I like food remember!).



















The first dress I wear with a belt.  The second I think I could wear with a belt but I probably wont (and sorry I could not find the dress on the website, so I will have to take a picture for when I wear it!).  And the third is the romper!  Below is a pic of me wearing it...


After leaving the mall, I decided to walk to in-n-out burger because it was not too sunny outside and I could use with the walk.  It took over 20 minutes to walk there but it was so worth it.  And, because it is kind of smack dab in the middle between two stops on the metro, I could not take public transportation.  Afterwards, I forced myself to walk to the next DART station and got on the train to take me back to the apartment where I had this cutie waiting for me!  Isn't she just adorable! 


As always, I went to church on Sunday and then worked on some todo list stuff and got ready for the coming week!  That was my second weekend!  I am now about to begin my third weekend of living in Dallas and I am about to do a ton more exploring!  I can't wait to share it!

Thanks for reading.

With joy,

A

No comments:

Post a Comment