Friday, July 12, 2013

Friday Faves

Hello,

So I decided to start a weekly post of Friday 5 Favorites.  A few of the blogs I love do something like this sometime during the week.  And obviously I just love it! It also allows me to categorize what I have been loving this week.... Now I am going to see how it goes today with either it will be just five things or five categories... we shall see... I am thinking five categories because I am constantly pinning different stuff in so many different categories...

(1) Fashion/Blogs
The first blog I really started to follow was The Pink Peonies, and I have pretty much loved almost everyone of her looks since she started posting!  This entire outfit is on my I need it now list and it is from Savvy Nordstrom - and some of it is on sale! I hopefully am going to try it on this weekend and see if I can get it!

I don't always love the looks on this blog and since I don't have children, I can't always relate but I do love this outfit.  Every once in a while she wears something that I am like, got to get, and her outfits tend to be pretty affordable (for the most part), which I love.  Lately, I feel like the blogs that I started following because they shop at H&M, Target, Forever 21, etc. are moving away from that type of clothing and wearing much more expensive clothing that I can't even consider affording right now... and probably not for a while.  I mean it is definitely because their blogs are doing well and being invited to events and given stuff but still... But I love this outfit from Style With Shannon because the sweater is from H&M (hopefully on major sale) and the skirt is from Target (though she is wearing the petite version and I would definitely not be... I am 6 feet tall after all).  

The sister of the girl from Pink Peonies has her own blog called Ivory Lane and like Style With Shannon, I don't always like what she wears (which tends to be things I can't afford) or has to do with her beautiful daughter! But every once in a while, I do fall in love with something she posts about and that is what happened here.  I have only ever bought one thing from ASOS and it is probably because I am a bit scared to not be able to try the outfit on, and worried that I would have to spend the time to return/exchange anything but I am super tempted to buy the dress and pair of shoes that she posted about.


From Sisters in the City blog, I fell in love with this old navy shirt!  It would look great for work or for just normal times and guess what it is on sale (plus that extra sale old navy is having on top of it)!  I can't wait for it to arrive!

I found this H&M paisley on the Blog Cupcakes and Cashmere and fell in love with it!
My only concern would be that the dress might be too short... I obviously need to try it on and I hope that the sale is still going on at H&M and that it applies to this dress!  

I know that this will make it more than 5, which is what I wanted to do in this post, but since it is my first Friday Five Faves post, allow me to share my excitement over LC's July Collection for Kohls.  I am literally dying over almost all the outfits! They look incredible! I love the pieces I already have from her earlier collections but I don't trust how the clothing will fit so I won't be able to buy it online.  I need to try it on in the store!  But the collection looks incredible - I mean the blue lace dress will be mine!


(2) Music
Currently, I can't stop listening to the following songs.  I have them on single repeat but I am considering making a playlist just so I can listen to them over and over again in a nice loop.

Cazette - Beam me up

Zedd - Clarity

Basshunter -- Crash and Burn (the video is a little inappropriate in my opinion) but the song grows on you! I was like it's eh at first but now I can't stop jamming to it...

Ellie Goulding - Figure 8

Ellie Goulding - Anything Could Happen


(3) TV Shows/Movies
Duck Dynsasty - I am literally obsessed with the show and can't wait for season 4 to start in August.  I know it is bizarre, but I have this hick country girl buried deep down inside me and it has started to come out over this last year but being in Dallas, and seeing what life could be like in Austin, and just a whole bunch of other things, just makes me appreciate the show.  Though no way am I or my family like it, though sometimes I wonder if my dad would want to be someone who could live off the land like Phil, but regardless my point is the show is also just freaking hilarious.  I started watching it when I was bummed and stuffing my face, and it really cheered me up!  I highly recommend it plus the episodes are only 20 minutes so they are a quick form of entertainment.

Rizzoli & Isles -- Always a big fan of crime shows and strong female leads.  This show is always good, though I don't necessarily follow it, I was behind a bit so I was able to use last week of having no new episodes of anything but still needing to watch something and caught up!

The Heat - I was able to see the Heat recently and just loved it.  I need S to see it so she can confirm that we are adding it to the list of movies that we watch a ton of times and then become able to quote it word for word (the whole movie) which then keeps us up late at night quoting back and forth all night long in the dorm at school.

Chicago - I had never seen it so I decided to finally see it.  Music was good but I didn't necessarily love it.  I thought the acting was good though!

The Tourist -- ok so every time I mention this movie to someone, they tell me it didn't get good reviews.  This blows my mind, because I love it and the first time I saw it - I started freaking out when I learned about the twist! I don't know, it is a movie that I need to own, and I literally just love it!  But I have always been a fan of Angelina Jolie and movies that have action, twist, but still romantic.  I absolutely love it...plus I have never been to Venice and I am just dying to go.  I also found the role to be out of character for Johnny Depp but that is probably why I loved it even more!  Definitely give it a chance.


(4) Food
Ok so I have gotten a little bit bored with the food I have been eating so I finally committed myself to go grocery shopping (plus the fridge was almost empty - finally), and I looked up some recipes that can make a good amount of food which means I can eat it over a few days - jackpot.  I should have done this sooner, I mean I tried, but I just need to commit to make the food ahead of time and stop goofing off so much!

  1. I can't wait to make my friend, T's, light Alfredo like pasta recipe.  I am not going to include the recipe here because I am going to post about it later. 
  2. I am also going to make Jamaican rice (I think that is what it is called) and that will be another post.  I got the recipe from SN when we were living in Jordan and it was relatively easy, just takes a fair amount of time, so can't wait to try that as well.  It is one of those recipes though that makes a lot of food for so little cost.  
  3. This is where my pinterest habits started to help me.  Wanted to really use the items that I already have and not have to buy to many over things.  So after I make the two recipes above, I plan to make the simply sour cream chicken enchilades!  
  4. I have not eaten a salad recently, but I started to crave one today but I have used the same ingredients over and over again so I looked through my pinterest salad board and found this one. It is the Taco Salad and looks delicious.  I probably will make some alterations based on what I like to eat and not eat and probably will post my recipe of it later on.  Definitely would make a good lunch recipe though I think!
  5. I seem to be on a Mexican/tex-mex kick and my last recipe is going to be a southwest chicken and rice burrito, but just like everything else, I really want to use the ingredients I already have and make it the way I think I am going to like it so I probably will tweak it and then post it. 

(5) Reading
  • I am/have been reading From Beirut to Jerusalem for the last year and I am toward the end have over 200 pages still to go but it is just so heavy it is really hard to pick up. I would really like to finish it just to be done with it...maybe I can work on it this weekend.
  • I brought President George W. Bush's autobiography and I would really like to work my way through that once I finish the book from above.  There is no way I could read both. 
  • I also am obsessed with the Nikki Heat novels.  Yes, the ones constantly mentioned in the show Castle.  One of the writers actually wrote the books under the pseudonym of Richard Castle and they are pretty good.  All I want to do now is read the whole series on my Kindle.  They are sort of an easy read - but at least quite entertaining.
  • I need to read the new Newsweek on my Kindle.   
  • I also need to pick up my pace of working/reading through my magazine pile! It is a monstrosity right now and the Economist is what is slowing me down - I like to read it even if they are older because they cost a fortune but are so informative.  I don't have a television so I get my news from them, Newsweek and the NY Times.  

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed this new super long post!

With joy,

A

No comments:

Post a Comment