Sunday, December 22, 2013

Favorite Things Friday

Hello,

Since I am trying to get back into the game of things... I thought I would start my Favorite Things Friday (again) -- I think I did it two times before I let life get too crazy!  I also meant to finish and publish this for Friday (as it is now Sunday night) I probably will be publishing a few (this for Friday, and one for Saturday) and then will have another post for tomorrow - because even though it doesn't feel like it, it is Monday tomorrow - and also my mom's birthday!!!

Obviously, with the holidays upon us, my ultimate favorite thing is to get to spend time with my family.  I am currently in Austin, but because my finals schedule was so bizarre, I was able to come back to NoVa for a week and see my sister and her family as well as some friends.  I even got to go to the DC temple with one of my good friends and my sister and her family to see the christmas lights!  We drank hot chocolate and ate sugar cookies (I ate so many! I had to make two batches because I ate most of the dough and then cookies from the first batch that there wasn't enough for everyone)!  Sadly, I did not get to see two of my closest friends so I am hoping to see them sometime in the next year (in sha allah)!


 My #1 favorite thing is always my family (and friends that feel like their family)!  

This is not our current christmas photo, but we have not been all together this year to take one! Hopefully I can get a new photo sometime soon!  Maybe at my mom's birthday dinner tomorrow!

My number two (#2) thing would have to be all the christmas music! I have three go to christmas albums - actually no four...I just have not really listened to the last one as much this year but it usually is a must for me! 
My obviously first choice is - Michael Buble: 
When not listening to this amazing album, I am listening on Spotify to Bing Crosby and Frank Sinatra's christmas albums:

My last christmas album, which in the past is my ultimate favorite, but I have not listened to as much this year is from many years ago by the lovely and enchanting Charlotte Church - her voice is just so incredible! I still remember her singing for President Bush at the Christmas Morning Mass several years ago!

So what else am I loving?  I mean currently, I am just happy to be home with my family, in beautiful warm weather here in Austin and getting to see my dog, Zeus! I have not seen him in forever! I missed him so much! I keep telling him that next year at this time he is going to have a brother!! My parents keep piping in that I better be working first! The next year holds a lot (especially changes) and I just plan to enjoy every minute of it!  

So I just added onto this list, because I just realized that I forgot to add that I watched some movies recently and I am obsessed with one in particular! I have had the fortune to see Frozen, Silver Linings Playbook (finally...I know I am probably the last person to watch it, but technically I have seen it before on the airplane - but I could not listen to it since my earphones did not work), and I also watched the tv mini-series of Bonnie and Clyde.  Each was very good but Frozen was by far my favorite.  I have now seen it twice, once alone and once with my little sister!  We just love it, even though we are both in our 20s now.  I think we somewhat relate to it... but we also can't stop listening/singing/dancing to the music (especially the song Let It Go by Idina Menzel)!



Sorry that I did not include any fashion or shopping... but with finishing my finals and my assignments I have not had any times to catch up on blogs/magazines! I just started this evening and my bloglovin is definitely a little overwhelming right now! I hopefully will catch up over the next few days!  

Thanks for reading!
With joy,
A

No comments:

Post a Comment