Monday, January 13, 2014

Golden Globes Fashion

Hello,

Sorry for the super late post (as well as not posting since last Wednesday) but I had my older sister visit me and I also have been working on my iphoto (finally!) to post for throwback Thursday but I am not quite finished with that post yet so it will be ready for this Thursday and I also ran out of time this morning before practice to finish this post!

Did you watch the Golden Globes last night? I honestly slept through the first 20 minutes and I did not find it too interesting but it was good background noise while I applied to some jobs.  However, I enjoyed going through People and PerezHilton to see the fashion from the red carpet and my favorite choices were probably not the favorites of others (for example, I did not care for Jennifer Lawrence's dress I honestly thought it looked real bad) but here are my top 5:





I just loved how these dresses were so effortlessly glamorous and sexy without showing too much skin! Some of the other dresses that caught my eye but I can't tell if I like are below:






Did you enjoy the Golden Globes? Hopefully my choices aren't too bad but I liked how some celebs tried something different from their usual go-to style of choice!  Also, is it just me or does it feel like every other weekend is some award show?  How many do they need really? I would have totally been fine with another Lord of the Rings or Star Wars marathon... but oh well! At least Tina Fey and Amy Poehler did pretty well (I watched the monologue separately). You can rewatch here:
Lastly, on a total separate note, but I completely missed getting to watch the national ice skating competition from which our Olympians were selected but my mom emailed me Saturday with a clip of her friends nephew with his ice skating partner, who we believe placed second and will be competing at Sochi 2014! How cool.  Here is the clip:
So moving and so amazing.  I am just in awe of what these competitors can do and to be honest really looking forward (like countdown excited) to Sochi 2014! I definitely love me some national pride (GO USA) and great competition!

Thanks for reading!
With joy,
A

No comments:

Post a Comment