Monday, June 23, 2014

Monday Morning...

Hey Y'all!

It's Monday morning, and I am badly burnt from a weekend out at Block Island.  But, I had so much fun.  I can't wait to share some pictures with y'all.  I read 3 whole books in a span of two days and also biked all day Saturday (hence the burn) and was able to lay out at the beach.  It was all so beautiful and I just loved getting out of the city.

I enjoyed biking so much, that I really want to start doing it more in the city.  I do have a Citi Bike annual pass that I used so much when I lived downtown by Union Square, but now that I live on the UWS, I don't because Citi Bike ends at the southern edge of Central Park.  My annual pass will end in November so I am thinking that if I do move back down in early September, then I will continue to use that but if my plans change then I will have to figure something else out!

Here are some bikes that I found, that I thought were cute, stylish and functional:

Electra Townie 7D Step-Through Women's Bike - 2014 $459
 Felt Cafe 3 - $429

Globe Daily 1 - $500

Trek Belleville - $660

Electra Ticino 1 - $500


Obviously, any bike that I purchase better have a large basket attached because I am one of those women who likes to have huge purses with as much stuffed into it at all times.  I also need to do much more research and figure out what I do need and don't need before finally investing in one but I just thought it would be nice to see what a cursory search would bring up and I thought that I would share that with you. Here are two lists I found while starting my research on bikes that I think might come in handy if you are looking to also invest in a bike for city living and commuting purposes :)  List 1 and List 2

In other news, I am obsessed with two completely different books, on top of finishing Lean In.  I read two different Agatha Christie novels at the beginning of the weekend (mystery, thriller and crime) and then finished the weekend starting Nora Roberts' Bride Quartet series. S got me hooked and she reread along with me! I finished Vision in White really quickly on Sunday and have begun a Bed of Roses.  It is all very exciting.  The series seems to be a good easy quick read but makes you become extremely envious of these women's lives and I've realized that men just aren't good enough...at least right now ;)






Thanks for reading!

With joy,

A

No comments:

Post a Comment