Thursday, June 19, 2014

Travel Thursday: NYC Food Truck Edition

Hey Y'all,

Since I have become a real working adult, I have been trying to figure out how to handle not overeating but also remembering to eat before I become hangry (probably my favorite word to describe myself and several people I know)! Also working in midtown has its perks because a ton of food options but I've heard that the food trucks are incredible here so I started to do some research and this is what I found!  I will keep you up to date on how I find the different food trucks.  Though, I am not sure I could ever be a food critic because I am one of those people that will try anything once and I usually end up liking it enough to eat it but I will try to be as honest as possible!

So I want to focus on those Food Trucks that service Manhattan - primarily midtown/near Rockefeller Center.
  1. Korilla BBQ <-- this is supposedly Korean mixed with Mexican styled food and supposed to be NYC's version of the famous LA food truck, Kogi BBQ.  I am trying this today and I am so excited! I will have to decide when to go so I can enjoy it and watch the World Cup match at 12 <--- I am worried about a line so I may try to go closer to 1130 just so that way I can get it and come back to watch the beginning of the game and then I will eat my fruit later -- sorry planning out my day around food is literally how I live my life!


  2. MILK truck: from what I read, their grilled cheeses and milkshakes are to die for...
  3. Calexico: I have heard raves of this food truck - close as New Yorkers will get to California styled Mexican food.  
  4. Taim Mobile: falafel and smoothies 
  5. Nauti: connected to Luke's Lobster
  6. Phil's Steaks: philly cheese stakes
  7. Neapolitan Express: pizza (I used to see them all the time down at NYU but never tried them).  I am excited to eventually try them!
  8. Coolhaus: ice cream
  9. Famous Halal Guys: Schwarma! 
  10. Rafiqi's: more street meat schwarma! 
  11. Schnitzel and Things: schnitzel - very german <-- I am going to be very excited to try that! 
  12. Gorilla Cheese: grilled cheese
  13. Papa Perrone's: rice balls (+ all other types of italian food) <-- they were on the Food Network once -- looks amazing!
  14. Uncle Gussy's: Greek
  15. Sweetery NYC: incredible different desserts!!
  16. Taco Bite: tacos...mhmm
  17. The Morris Truck: Famous Grilled Cheese 
  18. Bian Dang: Thai (thank goodness because I have been craving me some good thai food)!
  19. Souvlaki GR: Greek
  20. The Cinnamon Snail: Vegan Organic
So this rounds out my list! I am very excited to start trying these over the next few months!  I can't wait to share with y'all my food exploration for lunch! Lately, I have been hating myself because all I want is Chinese food from the Chinese buffet place across the street from my building but now I have a list and I am going to go out and explore! Though there dumplings are excellent!

I also on Monday had the pleasure to eat at this new restaurant, Cherche Midi.  It was a phenomenal meal though with the ambiance, of a Parisian bistro/cafe that it is probably better suited for lunch.  And if you go, you have to get their burger! It was the most delicious thing I have had in a long time!  With the bacon marmalade and Gruyere, it was perfectly divine.  I finished the meal off with the raspberry souffle (and started the meal with the steak tartare).  It was delicious but gluten free which means that it was a little different from the other souffles I have had before and though I enjoyed mine, my friend got the chocolate one and said that the chef's (Keith McNally) other restaurant, Morandi (I believe) had the best chocolate souffle ever.  

Thanks for reading!

With joy,

A

No comments:

Post a Comment