Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Currently Dreaming of ....

Hey Y'all!

Had a rough day at work after not feeling so well over the weekend.  So sorry the non-existent post on Monday!

I am so excited for 4th of July! I get a short week and then will be visiting with family in Texas.  It will be so much fun to have everyone together and I get to go through all my boxes from the move and find everything I have been missing (hopefully)!  It will be a nice escape from the city!

Since I wanted to make this post short since my real Tuesday post is Tasty Tuesday and I do have a real post for that, I decided to just let you all in on a secret.  I have been dreaming of this bag since I first saw it in Vogue so many years ago and have decided that if I can save my money properly, I will treat myself to it for my Birthday!  In my opinion, it is a staple and something that I can use for so many different things.  It is the Louis Vuitton Never Full bag.




Something that I have been noticing now that I am earning my own money and paying for my own things completely, is that things that I have wanted for years and years and now have the means to purchase, when I go to try them on, they end up disappointing me and making me feel like they weren't worth it.  I had been planning to purchase the Tory Burch flats, which in its own way is a status symbol, and a pair of J Brand jeans.  However, my feet are so wrecked from basketball that I have to make sure my arches are supported properly otherwise it is not worth investing my money in them.  I also always wanted what all the bloggers and most of my friends through college wore, which were a pair of skinny j brand jeans but sadly being 6 ft tall means that the inseam of J Brands does not even come close to being long enough.  As a result, I have to be willing to let go of things that I thought I really wanted and accept that not having them doesn't mean I am not happy or haven't "made it" but rather that I have to embrace being a little different.  Sorry my rambling is kind of silly but it was also silly that it bothered me all weekend.

Thanks for reading! 

With joy,

A

No comments:

Post a Comment