Friday, July 11, 2014

Friday Favorites

Hey Y'all!

Sorry for the no post yesterday.  I am really suffering from allergies and had to go to the doctor and I just don't feel right and work has been super busy since I need to finish some stuff up before my boss returns from his vacation next week but these are excuses and I just didn't post yesterday.

Ok! phew got that over with...now thank goodness it is FRIDAY!!! I need the weekend.  I miss my friends from NoVA so luckily I am plannign a major skype session with them this weekend (and I need it) and we have the FIFA World Cup Final match finally!! I also spent yesterday evening re-organizing a closet, and as every girl knows, if you re-organize your closet, you then re-organize your life and it gives you a fresh new start which I felt I needed.  I get to start that fresh new start today (FRIDAY)! - I was so tired though that I didn't have time to run this morning so I will have to try to fit that in this evening (I have been really bad about running this week but when you can barely breathe thanks to be allergic to the planet and nature, it can be really tough to even walk around).  I also have started wondering that it might be better to start with a half marathon and then eventually train for a marathon...so I have been pondering those ideas... and we shall see.

Ok Friday Favorites:

1) Fruit tart from Bouchon Bakery:
I just can't get enough of fruit tarts for the summer.  I don't know if it is a summer thing or my constant craving for fruit these days.  Now the Bouchon one is exceptional despite the crust being a bit tough because there is a layer of jam underneath the custard and fruit that just adds to the flavor mix.  I think I will have to get one today...maybe soon...
2) I know, I know everyone and their mother has this bag, but I have started thinking that I should get anew work bag (even though I have a few months until my dream bag will be mine) but I think it might be a good idea to check out the Macy's sale this weekend and see if I can get a good deal on one of the Michael Kors bags. I mean I love the Coach bags my mom gave me but they do need some repair and cleaning so something to ponder...


3) I can't get enough of Mamma Mia right now... maybe it is the summer mixed with romcom and singing!  I can't get enough of the Abba soundtrack and all I want to do is watch the movie and maybe even find a way to go see the Broadway show.  I know, I can't believe I have never gone to see it but I always went to stuff my aunt was in or that my family wanted to go see.  So, I am working on that (to be continued...just gave me a good idea for a post for NYC and shows to see)

4) I am  completely into the fact that July is the month of blueberries (I'm right, right?) but I am so into blueberries right now.  I think I am going to end up buying 5 large cartons of blueberries from Trader Joes today... I have so many recipes I want to try!

5) I am planning to make a trip to the Redhead restaurant close to Union Square.  I look forward to trying the famous homemade pretzels that shows on both the Food Network and Cooking Channel have raved about... I hope to get there this weekend.

6) Even though I live in the city, I really do love the outdoors, planting and growing! I have already started growing basil and parsley and the basil is flourishing but the parsley is a little touch and go right now because it is a recent addition and was doing pretty badly before I added it to my plant collection.  I know want to add mint, oregano, cilantro and lavender.  We shall see if I can start adding these this weekend.  I truly just want to be a farmer haha...grow all my own food! I should reach out to my extended family on my mom's side since they are dairy farmers in Wisconsin.


These are different ideas for having to grow herbs indoors/in an apartment setting.

7) Lastly, some fashion looks I loved this week.  I really haven't been following any blogs this week - too busy and not enough energy but these are my favorite celeb looks from the last few days!




Thanks for reading!

With joy,

A

p.s. If I have time today, I will try to do a makeup post for yesterday, and share my photos from Austin - though this trip did not involve a lot of exploring!  I have started to make a list of restaurants/food trucks to try there though in the future (probably Labor day weekend).



1 comment:

  1. that tart from Bouchon Bakery looks ah-mazing! You definitely have to bring me there so I can see if it's as good as Bruno's...

    And random side note, I totally saw that outfit Hermione (alias Emma Watson) is wearing in a magazine! There's really no point to that story except that I'm starting to recognize fashion and I can identify that she's wearing Dior!! You should be so proud of me

    ReplyDelete