Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Tasty Tuesday

Hey Y'all!

So onto my real post and sorry for both being so late today as well! At least this one is in time to get you hungry for something sweet at lunch!  If you read my Friday Favorites, you would have seen that I mentioned that I was obsessed with the Funfetti cookie recipe! Well, I made it this weekend! Woohoo!

Here is what I did:

I purchased butter (just the store brand - cheap and you only need 1 stick = 8 tbsp = 1/2 cup) and 1 8oz thing of cream cheese (again store brand - cheap) and lastly I bought the funfetti cake mix.  I already had eggs in the fridge - and you only need one!

 While I was putting away everything, I left the butter out and let it soften to room temperature (which was probably warmer than normal since we just left the windows open).  It was a good decision since I decided to just mix it by hand rather than use a hand mixer or mixing stand. 


I then blended these three together before adding in the funfetti cake mix.  And then you have to let it chill for an hour in the fridge (probably covered but I didn't).



After the hour, you need to get a 1/4 cup of powder sugar and put into a bowl.  Then you roll into good size balls and roll around till covered in the powder sugar and then stick onto a cookie sheet.  Now I sprayed the cookie sheet with coconut oil spray (I don't use PAM) but the recipe I followed didn't say you have too.



Then you cook for 10 minutes at 350 degrees (Fahrenheit).  They should look scrumptious and after you let sit for a few minutes cooling they are ready to eat!  Really simple for the most part!



I devoured them so quickly! I even felt a little bad because I didn't really share them with anyone but it was my time of the month...and it was all I wanted to eat.  Well, I hope that leaves you hungry.  I know I am drooling and just want to make them again.  Maybe I will when I get to Texas on Thursday - I think my sister would like them quite a bit.  If you want to see the original recipe, I got it from here.

Thanks for reading!

With joy,

A

No comments:

Post a Comment