Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Tasty Tuesday

Hey Y'all!

I figured, today, I would share a recipe from this weekend but also how I want to make it better!

Ok so Sunday was basically a munchie day, let me eat anything I can get my hands on while watching the cooking channel kind of day.  I basically spent the day sleeping, eating or cleaning! I had watched the new episode of Sweet Julia which reminded me of a similar dish that Giada had inspired me to make years before.  It is really simple:


  1. pour 1/2 -3/4 cup of sugar into a saucepan over medium heat
  2. let it melt, but to prevent it from burning and also to help it cook evenly, you should keep swirling it just using your wrist to move the pan around.  
  3. after it is melted turn the heat lower, and add peanuts (I added honey roasted peanuts) and 1 tbsp of butter.  let the butter melt and make sure the peanuts are coated (you can also add as much or as little as you like)
  4. then pour the mixture out onto a baking pan that has been covered with parchment paper (very important since otherwise it will stick to the pan and make cleanup nearly impossible!!)
  5. Let it cool and harden (it can go faster if you put it into the fridge or freezer but I didn't have room so I just let it sit there for about 20 minutes.  
  6. Then you can break it into as many pieces and designs as you like and you have a sort of peanut brittle.  Now you can eat it like that, it is delicious, but I actually hate caramel because I am one of those people who hates foods sticking to my teeth but I lvoe to add it as topping for smoothies and mousse.
I actually broke it up into pretty small pieces and used it as a crunchy topping for my mixture of vanilla non-fat greek yoghurt and peanut butter mixture that I had made earlier and it was so satisfying (basically is equal parts and then add more of either if the flavor isn't right).  
However, I really want to make this recipe that I saw on Sweet Julia and it is a peanut butter mousse that is super easy to make!  

I also finally bought my first figs and can't wait to make a smoothie with them! I bet that will be my next recipe to share (I got the inspiration from Blogilates) so ... I am interested to see if I will like the flavor. 

Thanks for reading!

With joy,

A

No comments:

Post a Comment