Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Tasty Tuesday

Hey Y'all!

Sorry for the super late post!  I decided to post it on Wednesday, so that way I can get every detail right and make this post perfect and also because by the time I could work on the post it was already late in the afternoon.  I want it to reflect how completely perfect this dish tasted and made me feel! Delicious does not even begin to accurately describe this recipe. It was total inspiration, and I ended up combining three recipes to make this BLUEBERRY SOUR CREAM POUND CAKE WITH A LEMON GLAZE!




Isn't it glorious?!?! And so delicious! Perfect balance of fruit and sweetness! It can be eaten alone or eaten with ice cream or some mint on top, who knows! You can go crazy.  The fact that I am staring at it now, makes me even more hungry, I may have to make it again!

Recipe for the batter:


  • 2 sticks (1/2 lbs) of butter (unsalted)
  • 3 cups of sugar
  • 1 cup of sour cream
  • 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
  • 3 cups of all purpose flour
  • 6 large eggs
  • 1 teaspoon of vanilla
  • 3-4 cups of fresh blueberries (or more or less depending on how you want it to look).
1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees F

2) Large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.  
3) Add the sour cream


4) Mix until well combined
5) Using a strainer or sifter, sift the baking soda and flour from one bowl to another (completely separate)

6) Then add to the large bowl alternating with one egg at a time and continue to mix.


7) Add the vanilla and mix to well combined
8) Stop using a hand or stand mixer, and fold in the blueberries




9) Make sure pan is greased (I use coconut oil spray) - really well greased all sides and center.
10) Pour mixture into pan (now I made a bit too much so I should have poured the rest into a ramican but I just poured it all in and had to later clean out the bottom part of my oven!


11) Cook for approximately 1 hour and 20 minutes.
12) Use knife to cut the edges and turn it over onto a plate after waiting 10-20 minutes
12) Let it cool for at least 10 more minutes before adding glaze.

Recipe for Glaze:
  • 3/4 cups of powder sugar
  • 1/4 cup of lemon juice
1) Combine in a bowl and stir together 
2) Pour over the top of the cake and let it harden.

EAT and ENJOY! 

Thanks for reading!

With joy,

A

No comments:

Post a Comment