Thursday, July 31, 2014

Travel Thursday

Hi Y'all!

Happy Thursday, but what I am really trying to say is it's not quite Friday yet :(.  But I am a believer that you control your mind and your emotions, so I am going to turn my morning around from one that I didn't want to get out of bed to I am going to eat right and have a great day today!

So I am trying to think what I should talk about today. Should I talk about the three trucks I have now visited, or wait till next week so then I can hopefully try some more? I probably won't get to a truck today anyways, so I think I will wait.  So then I was hoping to share a post with y'all about my time in Turkey a year and a half ago.  I was inspired to share those old photos because I read this great article about how this city in Turkey has the best baklava ever! And to be honest, the food was awesome over there - well especially the sweets and the apple tea. But I was trying to use flickr for the first time to upload my pictures from my old mac and that was not going well... so now I have had to move on to a different topic...

I have a pretty good list of places to eat in Austin now but I want to hold off until its time to go back and visit (probably over Labor Day weekend).  I am going to Indiana next week to visit family that I haven't seen since before college but you don't really hear about how you must go here or there in Indianapolis.  But my family lives there and that will be a great enough adventure though after a quick pinterest search, I really want to go visit Turkey Run State Park though its about 65 miles outside of Indianapolis so I don't think I will get to that.

Looks rather beautiful. So I think I am left with someplace that I really want to visit.  I am still debating with my best friend S whether we should go to Las Vegas (where I will run a half marathon) for my birthday or should we go to Harry Potter World and take advantage of the sales she came across over the weekend.  I really want to do both but can only do one and since we are those people who are complete nerds and not into binge drinking, I have a feeling that we might do the latter.  Plus this way, it doesn't make training/running feel like a chore for me anymore.  

S has been to harry potter world twice now but her first time was prior to them building Diagon Alley (I think) and the second was last week, she was working down there and had an evening free so she went and checked out Diagon Alley and told me we have to go... so maybe I am thinking that it wouldn't be too bad to spend the money going there rather than Vegas... I mean Vegas will always be there (though I do want to see Britney Spears in concert) but I feel like I can only go with a friend (and without kids) for a little while longer without judging myself as well as being judged.  Though I grew up with HP so there...

But ok here are some pictures she sent to me and now I really, really, really (with a cherry on top) want to go!
The Leaky Cauldron

the dragon on top of Gringott's Bank

The way to Knockturn Alley

Weasley's Wizard Wheezes

Number 12 Grimauld Place

The Knight Bus

King's Cross Station

I mean it's "bloody brilliant!" I really want to go...and I also now really want to re-read and re-watch all the Harry Potter books and movies!

Thanks for reading!

With joy,

A


No comments:

Post a Comment