Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Tasty Tuesday: Food Truck Update

Hi Y'all!

No new recipe for today but I thought I would share how my search for a delicious lunch is going!  I have started to try several different food trucks and my favorite are these three so far:

1) Korilla BBQ - Korean BBQ and Mexican fusion! They are a go to place for Tuesday for me now - quite a bit of heat but for someone who has avoided spice for most of her life I still manage to snarf the burrito down and be quite a happy camper.


2) The Morris Truck - grilled cheese but better... using local cheeses and local ingredients this is a truck that is "snail approved" - taking the whole slow fast food approach.  And it is my go to for Thursdays now! I have had the fried green tomatillos sandwich and the truffle sandwich.  Both were excellent! I can't wait to try the next one...




3) The Halal Guys - excellent! That is all I can say and that I wish you had smell-o-vision. 





Other food trucks I have tried:
Gorilla Cheese - was ok.  I definitely had heartburn afterwards so probably won't get it again but it did seem that a lot of people really liked their sandwiches.



Hibachi Heaven - was not my favorite.  It wasn't bad but I just didn't really enjoy it.

The Pierogie Truck - absolutely loved and may have to get tomorrow.


Taco Bite- was good but I prefer to eat Korilla for more flavor.

Now this is not a food truck but a lunch eatery place - 'wichcraft! I love their classic grilled cheese but I heard about their cookie sandwiches from Unique Sweets and had to try the oatmeal caramel (even though I don't like the caramel) and it was delicious.  I am going to have to try another flavor (probably tomorrow).

Thanks for reading!

With joy,

A

2 comments:

  1. There's nothing I love more than some good foodtrucks! I went to a food truck festival here in Atlanta and I was upset my stomach wasn't big enough for me to be able to enjoy everything! The burrito looks awesome!

    Cynthia
    www.sensiblysharp.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! My sister lives in Atlanta! But if you ever make it to NYC you have to try a few different ones here!

      Delete