Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Tasty Tuesday

Hi Y'all!

SO this weekend, I went to see Guardians of the Galaxy. Let's just take a moment to praise Marvel in all of its genius! This movie was exactly what I am willing to pay money to see.  It has action but oh my goodness it was also really funny.  I would almost classify it as a comedy rather than an action movie.  I was laughing so hard for the entire 2 hours.  I am pretty sure that I got dirty stares from the people around me but I just laughed and was protected by my 3d glasses.  So epic.

However, whenever I go to a movie, I hate to pay for food/drinks there. Plus, I am one of those people who gets pretty sick when I eat fried food (doesn't always stop me though) and I just prefer to bring my own snacks.  Usually it's a combination of: strawberry parfait from Whole Foods (though I miss the days of Harris Teeter and their Strawberry parfaits...), quaker popped cheddar snacks, and smart water.  On this trip to the theater, I made sandwiches.  It actually is the sandwich that I basically have been making non-stop for the last two weeks and can't get enough of!
Fresh warm French Baguette from Fairway

Arugula to be washed in strainer

Soppressata sliced thinly.

Domestic swiss sliced thinly as well - and domestic swiss has a sweeter taste to it than original swiss cheeses.


Start with the domestic swiss

then add the Sopressata (and maybe some more cheese)

then top with rinsed arugula

add some sea salt (don't have to be fine can be rough)

Voila! 

Literally is one of the most delicious and flavorfull sandwiches I have had!  It is honestly a knockoff of the panini I like to get at Eatily.  But it is so good! I love it! 

Thanks for reading!

With joy,

A


No comments:

Post a Comment