Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Tasty Tuesday



Hi Y'all!

Sorry for the lack of post yesterday (and Friday for that matter) but with missing two days of work last week it meant busy busy bee for Monday.  I was at work until around 7:30 pm =( not the most fun! But to be honest, I was so busy the hours flew by.

On a different note, I love living in NYC because it allows me to attend things while most people can't! I was invited, because I have Birchbox, to a Caudalie facial event! I am so excited, especially because lately I have been feeling like I need a facial to get all this pollution out of my skin.
divine collection
I am excited to attend!  I have signed up for a few other events with Birchbox but have never been able to go! But I am going to this...It would take a force majour to prevent me from doing this! 

Ok so moving onto my recipe...it is the smoothie that I have wanted to make for the past few weeks...using my figs!  It is a fig pb power smoothie basically.  
1) Take 2-4 figs (depending on size and how much you like them) and I cut off the top part.

2) add them to the blender with 4-6 frozen strawberries and 4-6 frozen mango chunks. 


3) I then add about 1/2 cup of almond milk (or until most of the fruit is covered) 

4) I finish it off with a dollup of pb (Probably 2-3 tbsp) - I use TJ organic unsalted pb (and I am tempted to try it with almond butter)

5) I start by blending it with the chop ice setting to break up the frozen food and then I finish it on high (each for about 30 seconds) but since I hate having chunks in my smoothie I sometimes hold it for a little longer just to make sure everything is nicely pureed.  

Yup that is Sweet Julia in the background.  I love to cook/bake while watching the Cooking Channel. Especially on the weekends when Real Girl Kitchen is on at 2 pm and 2:30 is Sweet Julia.  I just realized, that I missed this weekend's shows! But oh well...I guess life does go on, I mean I was at the state fair exploring! I can't wait to share all those photos with y'all! I had such an amazing time with my family. I really want to go back!

Before I sign off for today, just wanted to say my parents are roadtripping with another couple and checking out Mount Rushmore and other cool sites out that way.  I am extremely jealous, though maybe not so in regard to the actual road tripping part with my dad but I would love to go out there and see all the sites and then spend the weekend camped out at our place in the mountains of Colorado! 



That's pretty remarkable! And so beautiful! Love this country so much!

Thanks for reading!

With joy,

A




No comments:

Post a Comment