Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Tasty Tuesday

Hi Y'all!

So I wasn't feeling very inspirational this weekend, but I still actually managed to do some stuff even if it wasn't what I had planned/intended to do.  I ended up making Pizza last night and I actually got quite excited to share it with y'all!

Ingredients:

  • Trader Joes whole wheat pizza dough
  • Basil Pesto (I used my homemade recipe since I have so much basil) 
  • part skim mozzarella shreded 
  • Fresh Mozzarella
  • Arugula
  • Tomatoes
Pizza to me is an excuse to use up what you have in the fridge before it goes bad.  And, it can't taste bad because its cheese on bread!  

Recipe:
  1. Start with pre-heating the oven to 325 degrees F
  2. I coated the pan with olive oil 
  3. Then with flour I stretch out the dough - when S used to make pizza she was really good at spreading it out with a rolling pin.  I didn't have room to do that on Sunday night so I just let gravity and my hands stretch it out
  4. I lay the dough on the sheet and then start to spread the pesto.  Now my pesto is pretty solid so to make it more liquid, I put it in a bowl first (I used two cubes of pesto - because I freeze mine in ice cube trays) and add 1-3 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil and then with a fork mix together
  5. Afterwards I coat evenly the top of the dough
  6. Then spread a light layer of the shredded mozzarella before placing the ripe tomatoes cut into thick slices on top.
  7. To finish it off I add some fresh mozzarella and splash some more extra virgin olive oil on top.


  8.  Then stick it in the oven for 12 minutes (some need to go longer and others less so, just monitor it).
  9. After it is pulled out of the oven, I add a few drops of white truffle sauce around the pizza (just enough to give flavor and aroma) before covering the whole pizza with arugula (that I rinsed off and dried in a colander) 


  10. Cut and Serve! Bon Appetite (Guten Appetite)   
Thanks for reading!

With joy,

A

No comments:

Post a Comment