Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Tasty Tuesday

Hi Y'all!

Things are just so crazy! I had a such a wonderful time home in Austin and even though I didn't do much at the same time I did? That makes no sense... but I did a lot of things that weren't on my to do list and didn't do much on my actual to do list :/ so I have mixed feelings on that.  I got back late last night and need some major caffeine because my head is foggy! However, the morning has flown by and I've been kicking myself for not getting any posts done over the long weekend.

Oh well too late for that.  But, today's post is a really easy but delicious recipe.  I got the idea from this blog: Southern Curls and Pearls
Sadly I learned that since I didn't have a pineapple corer I could not make it into a cute glass like this gal did.  However, my mom taught me how to pick out a ripe pineapple and get out the juicy fruit - up until that point, I have to be honest, I always bought pineapple pre-cut (what a waste of money) but I had no idea how to prepare it.  Now I do! 

Hint: to pick a ripe pineapple my mom says to look at the leaves on top and see if they come off easily when you tug.  If they do, then it is close to being ripe.  She also taught me how to cut off the pointy parts and then then its pretty straightforward to cutting into the sizes you want! 

I still was craving a refreshing pineapple drink turned slushie to slurp as I sat in/by the pool.  So we took two handfuls of ice into the blender and then 1 quarter of the prepared pineapple and blended together (almost a minute) until it was really ground up and the ice made it into a slushie.  It was really good!


Definitely nowhere near as cute as the instagrammed photo from above but oh well I was too busy enjoying the beautiful weather in Texas and drinking this!

Thanks for reading!

With joy,

A

No comments:

Post a Comment