Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Tasty Tuesday: Pumpkin Seeds!

Hi Y'all!

I finally have a recipe (passed down from my mom) to share with y'all!  I made it last night and it was the best snack!  I made it quite salty but you can make it however you want - it just serves as the perfect snack the morning after recovering from a  long distance run (11 miles - yikes)!

First thing first... I had to carve the pumpkin :)



See all those seeds - there are even more inside (you can buy a scooper or use one of the wide ice creams scoopers) and you have to remove all the gunk and seeds that might be hidden within.



After separating the gunk from the seeds, I thoroughly wash them in a strainer. If you google how to make this, they recommend boiling them in water.  That could work too.  I then dried them off.

I then laid them down on a cookie sheet and splash about 1 tablespoons of canola (or peanut) oil.  And I put them in the oven at 325 for about 10 minutes (I always go a little longer but that is just me). 

I toweled/de-greased mine a little afterwards with paper towels because they just looked a little too greasy but I also didn't measure and I am pretty certain there was more than 1 tbsp.

Afterwards, add sea/kosher salt to taste. 

Thanks for reading!

With joy,

A



No comments:

Post a Comment