Thursday, October 16, 2014

Travel Thursday - Utah

Hi Y'all!

Sorry for the late post again, but S came into the city this morning and we grabbed breakfast after her meeting!  But I am so excited to share some photos from Utah.  I took a bunch on my camera which I forgot to upload, so I actually won't be able to completely post everything from that trip but its ok because I loved every moment I was there and therefore I will have more than one post devoted to this trip!  So I will get to share every fabulous thing I did while there up until Monday!

First things first, I spent Friday night basically organizing and creating a new organized room for myself.  It involved me watching Valentino: The Last Emperor and Scatter My Ashes at Bergdorf Goodman.  Both were epic and completely awesome!  As a result, I went to bed at 2 AM and woke up at 430 AM to head to the airport to catch my flight.  To say I was tired, was an understatement. Luckily, I got Shake Shack for breakfast and it was delicious - though greasy and I was really annoyed because all I wanted to drink was lemon tea and yet there was none!


After I landed in Salt Lake City, my friend JD picked me up and we grabbed lunch where I met two of her friends at Creek City Mall (owned by the church and right across from Temple Square).  Afterwards, we explored temple square and took several pictures (and selfies).  We also saw three weddings come out after being sealed in the temple! It was definitely something to see - and being girls we definitely were rating the wedding gowns and looks!










Afterwards, JD and I checked out this adorable boutique called: Koo de Ker - I am now obsessed, especially because its fabulous clothes at great prices! Basically, I think it would be my dream to run/own a boutique like that and just dress everyone so fabulously!  Plus every moment I spent in SLC and Provo, I just fell more and more in love - it was like, I get it! I got two gorgeous sweaters, a dress, and scarf there and I can't wait to show you how I will style them!
You can sort of see one of the sweaters I purchased here.

Eventually, we drove to Provo - beautiful ride - it was so perfect! Weather was perfectly fall and the leaves were all starting to change! It was just completely gorgeous.  We ate at Cafe Zupas (by the way, we never went to Cafe Rio - my friends here are going to be so disappointed but JD said after living in NYC it really isn't that special and I trusted her on that).  We were thinking of going to the BYU soccer game but ended up going grocery shopping for Sunday dinner and then getting ready for the BYU Football party we were attending that night.
Not a great picture but it is a picture of provo/surroundings from where the party was. The house was up by the Y on the mountain so it as so pretty. I wish pictures could do the natural beauty justice.

To say it was a late night again, was an understatement I crashed around 3 AM and eventually woke up to get ready for church! It was so beautiful afterwards, I had to take some pictures.  Then we spent the rest of the afternoon cooking for a group Sunday dinner (I of course got tomato sauce splattered across my sweater dress) and then I crashed quite early on!






I was so blessed to have the opportunity to visit JD, someone who came into my life really quickly junior year and became pretty important.  Even though she transferred to BYU, I am so glad we have stayed in touch and that I was able to see parts of Utah (very quickly) and there is definitely something very special there! I will share our adventures from that Monday next Thursday!

Thanks for reading!

With joy,

A



No comments:

Post a Comment