Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Tasty Tuesday

Hi Y'all!

So who else is going to get snow and possible not be able to make their Thanksgiving destination? Looks like Manhattan is going to get hit and I might have to change plans.  I am supposed to fly out super early Thursday morning but now I am hearing about how there is this snow storm and it might just throw everything off :(.

However, I will strive to remain optimistic and wanted to share some recipes I hope to try to make with my mom (and sister) this long holiday weekend.

We always make beignets (french donuts - famous in New Orleans) for the holidays as breakfast - so good.  And my mom has said that if she can get enough blackberries, she will make me my favorite pie - blackberry pie in honor of my birthday earlier this month.

I want to try to make these recipes though because they are a little different but look so mouthwatering delicious!



Garlic Ranch potatoes - how delicious of a side do they sound! 

Arancini (rice balls)

I hope these give you some new treats to add to some classic Thanksgiving food - they still remind me of home cooking and quite filling but change it up a little as well.  Though I will also say, now that I've been at my new job for almost a month, I am trying to get back into eating right and start up working out/yoga again.  I know my fat lazy week has extended a little longer than I thought it would but it isn't my fault I passed out last night after a beautiful and super rich dinner and didn't even mean too!But I am going to put a game plan together, I no longer have a single excuse!

Thanks for reading!

With joy,

A




No comments:

Post a Comment