Thursday, December 11, 2014

Travel Thursday - Dubai

Hi Y'all!

So, I don't actually have some place to share with you so I thought I would go back into my "archives" and finish sharing pictures from my various trips to Dubai (in the UAE) so this would have been from Fall 2012.

This is more for family than anything else but hope you enjoy.






These first few were from my drive into the city.  As I have mentioned in the past, I was lucky enough to have a second cousin who was living in Abu Dhabi and he would go on the weekends to Dubai (most likely for the day) to enjoy better food and "change of scenery."  He was kind enough to take me along a few times!





Walking around Dubai and exploring the older "more traditional" part.  



My mom, cousin and I explored the Palm (where the Atlantis hotel is, and it was packed) as well as the Jumeriah - the hotel shaped like a sail.




My dad and I explored one of the malls - Mall of the Emirates.  That is where Shake Shack and Ski Dubai is.  We went because we just had to check out the indoor ski resort and it was interesting...I didn't get to try it.  We also got to watch the new James Bond movie (Quantum of Solace) over two weeks before it aired in the US so that was cool.  Usually, when I went to Dubai, I stayed at or around the Dubai mall (pictures below).
Part of the Mall has only temporary covering for when the heat and humidity is too unbearable.  


This is the largest indoor aquarium - you can even go scuba diving in it.  There is also an indoor ice rink, where expats play hockey and ice skate!

There were so many Starbucks throughout the Emirates, but they didn't serve PSL.  I thought it was very strange but actually I realized they don't know what Pumpkin is over there - or I mean the locals don't.

I just always found this waterfall so beautiful and interesting.


Absolute favorite chocolate store -  so great to fill up boxes for gifts!

Yes there is a Magnolia's bakery in the Bloomingdale there.  But there are some other interesting sections at the Bloomingdales that is specifically catered for the Arab world (i.e. Hookah section). 

 Burj Khalifa.



These water shows were designed by the same people who did the Bellagio fountains and these are timed to classical (more often than not opera) pieces.  



The last two are taken up on the observation deck on the Burj Khalifa which is attached to Dubai mall. It was a pretty interesting and neat experience.


I hope you enjoy the pictures.  It was nice to go back down memory lane!

Thanks for reading!

With joy,

A










No comments:

Post a Comment