Thursday, December 4, 2014

Travel Thursday: Las Vegas (part 2)

Hi Y'all!

It is almost the weekend again!! Just one more day. To say it was almost impossible to get out of bed this morning and head to work is the understatement of the century (duh dun!) but I survived and made it anyways.  Last night was the Christmas tree lighting at Rockefeller Plaza and I got watch a part of it, after enjoying delicious Junior's cheesecake, with one of my bestest of best friends T.  I am so happy that T is here and S will be here tomorrow night!

Onto the post, so I already shared the first day, if you couldn't tell we did and walked a ton (basically almost all the strip and then walking off the strip to the Las Vegas convention center, definitely got major mileage in.

The second day, we both woke up pretty early, i.e. jet lag (since Las Vegas is 3 hours behind and we both have jobs that have us up super early) and then we eventually went for a run in the cardio room before it got too packed full of people and followed it up with brunch at the MGM Grand Buffet.  Man there was a lot of food.

Afterwards, we majorly crashed and went into food coma extreme.  But by mid-afternoon we were back up and exploring this time the other side of the strip.  We walked past Luxor, the Mandalay and the Las Vegas sign (basically down to the airport) and then back up the strip to eventually eat dinner at Giada and dessert at Holsteins.  We finished the night dancing at the Bank at the Bellagio before going to bed and resting up for the run the next day.  













I just had to do it once ;) - actually I wanted to try the craps table or roulette but both were $25 minimum so I just did the slots, and won 23 cents (lost $10)

On race day, I was so excited because Macklemore and Ryan Lewis started off the race and they did all their best songs, including my favorite - and we danced!


Me after I finished my run (in 2 hours 1 minute)!

We walked away from the hubbub which was at Caesars Palace and the Bellagio and headed towards the Venetian and ate at Buddy V's Ristorante (Cake Boss family recipes restaurant - basically good delicious Italian food).  




We then proceeded to walk around the Venetian, it was beautifully decorated for Christmas and the winter season.

The Wynn was remarkable with its display completely made out of flowers.  The Wynn is definitely a special place to stay, and I hope that the next time I go to Las Vegas, I get to stay there!

Thanks for reading!

With joy,

A




No comments:

Post a Comment